A boy and dad passion for action figures.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Sectaurs + Thundercats

Among the action figures that my cousin gave to my son, there was numerous Sectaurs and one Thundercat.

Released in 1985 by Coleco, Sectaurs Warriors of Symbion was a very cool action figure line, with each ones came with an insect companion and comic book. Some of these insect were big enough so that the Sectaur could actually ride them, like a puppet. The prince and hero of the good guys was called Dargon. For me what struck me the most from the Sectaurs were the TV commercials, which I rank among the best ever. It actually featured a story and a cliffhanger so that you had to watch the next one a few weeks later.

One of my brother's favorite action figures collection as a kid was the Thundercats. He had lots of them. Produced by the legendary Rankin/Bass Productions, Thundercats had one of the coolest TV show at the time. In 1985, the TV show and first action figures were released by LJN. Now my son just ended up with a superbly well preserved Lion-O figure. I do plan on watching the animated series with my son in a near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment